By Eric Foster-Johnson, John C. Welch, Micah Anderson
* overlaying all significant platforms-Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, and Windows-this consultant indicates programmers and gear clients the way to customise an working procedure, automate instructions, and simplify management initiatives utilizing shell scripts * deals whole shell-scripting directions, powerful code examples, and entire scripts for OS customization * Covers shells as a consumer interface, uncomplicated scripting suggestions, script enhancing and debugging, graphing facts, and simplifying administrative projects * as well as Unix and Linux scripting, the publication covers the most recent home windows scripting innovations and gives an entire instructional on Mac OS X scripting, together with special insurance of cellular dossier structures, legacy functions, Mac textual content editors, video captures, and the Mac OS X Open Scripting structure
Read or Download Beginning Shell Scripting (Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Best technology books
This e-book offers the reader with an entire insurance of radio source administration for 3G instant communications
platforms Engineering in instant Communications specializes in the realm of radio source administration in 3rd iteration instant conversation platforms from a platforms engineering point of view. The authors supply an advent into mobile radio structures in addition to a evaluation of radio source administration matters. also, an in depth dialogue of energy regulate, handover, admission keep an eye on, shrewdpermanent antennas, joint optimization of other radio assets , and cognitive radio networksis provided. This ebook differs from books at the moment on hand, with its emphasis at the dynamical matters bobbing up from cellular nodes within the community. famous regulate suggestions, akin to least squares estimation, PID keep an eye on, Kalman filers, adaptive regulate, and fuzzy common sense are used during the book.
* Covers radio source administration of 3rd new release instant conversation structures at a platforms point
* First booklet to deal with instant communications matters utilizing structures engineering equipment
* deals the newest study job within the box of instant communications, extending to the keep an eye on engineering neighborhood
* contains an accompanying web site containing MATLAB™/SIMULINK™ routines
* offers illustrations of instant networks
This publication may be a worthy reference for graduate and postgraduate scholars learning instant communications and regulate engineering classes, and R&D engineers.
S-BPM stands for “subject-oriented enterprise procedure management” and specializes in topics that signify the entities (people, courses and so forth. ) which are actively engaged in tactics. S-BPM has turn into the most commonly mentioned methods for strategy pros. Its strength relatively lies within the integration of complex details expertise with organizational and managerial tips on how to foster and leverage enterprise innovation, operational excellence and intra- and inter-organizational collaboration.
The contentious background of the pc programmers who constructed the software program that made the pc revolution attainable.
The first viewers for this record is managers concerned with the top degrees of the strategic making plans technique and experts who support their consumers with this activity. The consumer won't basically enjoy the hundreds and hundreds of hours that went into the technique and its software, but additionally from its replacement point of view on strategic making plans when it comes to details expertise (it) protection software program in Hong Kong.
- Baukonstruktionslehre Teil 1
- Sensor Technologies: Healthcare, Wellness and Environmental Applications
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
- Post-harvest technology of horticultural crops
- Macromolecules: Volume 2: Synthesis, Materials, and Technology
Additional resources for Beginning Shell Scripting (Programmer to Programmer)
Because a great many shell commands work on files, you can often use a graphical file manager to eliminate the need for a shell. Graphical file manager programs, however, don’t work well for those tasks that shells work best at. For example, if you want to change the case of all the file names in a directory from uppercase to lowercase, shells work far better than file managers. Also, if you want to copy those files that have been modified after a certain date, for a backup perhaps, shells again work better than file managers.
The vi text editor, discussed in the section Learning vi Modes, will wait until you enter the proper cryptic vi command to exit. If you are not familiar with vi, try :q! — that is, colon, q, bang (exclamation point). This will exit the vi command. The shell will then execute the next command in the script3 file, ls in this example. Chapter 9 covers some mechanisms to execute programs and capture the output instead of just waiting for the program to terminate. If for some reason you make a mistake in a shell script file, the shell will quit executing the command and display an error message.
The following Try It Out shows you how to use wildcards. a How It Works Just as if you had entered the ls command at the command line, the asterisks (*) in the argument are expanded by the shell to a list of those files in the /usr/lib directory that start with l (ell), have a z, and end with an a. The shell outputs the results of the command. This is very similar to the wildcard examples in Chapter 1, but this time, you’re using the wildcard expressions inside a script. You have to be careful, however, with the commands you place in your shell scripts.